Los Angeles has it all an amazing night life, delicious food, beautiful scenery, and outdoor activities. Also, the famous Hollywood sign and you can’t forget the amazing weather. It’s a perfect place to eat outside, sit on the patio, and just walk around the city to enjoy all the great neighborhoods. It’s a city where you will never get bored. There’re endless opportunities in LA. I had the chance to visit this past weekend. Friday night-Sunday. I was lucky to get a local visit of LA, thanks to some friends of mine. Here were some of my LA favorites:
- Home: We came here my first night in Los Angeles for dinner. My friend doesn’t live to far from the restaurant and it’s one of his favorite restaurant’s. The restaurant is located in The Los Feliz neighborhood. They have the best fish tacos and cocktails. My friends and I had a great time catching up, drinking our delicious cocktails, and having a nice dinner.
2. Millie’s Cafe: This is a great brunch place they have different flavor pancakes. It’s located in the silver lake neighborhood. I got chocolate chip pancakes with the usual. Meaning it comes with your choice of meat, eggs, and potatoes. It was an amazing breakfast and it’s definitely worth the wait. We sat outside, enjoyed our breakfast, with some coffee, and talked.
3. Grand Central Market: is located in downtown Los Angeles. They have a variety of food vendors. They also host game nights, movies, and other events. When I came here I had some Mexican food along with some McConnell’s ice cream. Stop there have breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert and walk around.
- Alfred Coffee Silverlake: I got a matcha latte here and it was not only pretty but it hit the spot. It was perfect to have after brunch. I loved the environment at this coffee shop.
2. Madison Park Coffee: is a new coffee shop in West Hollywood. I got my usual, vanilla latte with a crossisant. My friends got a chai latte and a Rose Latte. Yes, you heard that right, a Rose latte. It even has roses in the latte.
The Dresden: This bar provides live entertainment seven nights a week. They have a jazz performance by couple (Marty & Elayne) and they have been performing for 40 years. The couple performs five nights a week Tuesday through Saturday night. I came here after having dinner at Home and The Dresden is walking distance from the restaurant. My friends and got a table in the lounge and enjoyed watching Marty and Elayne perform. Head to this bar to experience a classic performance along while drinking some cocktails.
- Griffith Observatory Park: This is where I saw a great view of the Hollywood sign. We drove and found parking and headed to the observatory. We didn’t pay to see the Observatory we just walked around. When you come here, keep in mind parking and paying to park. At the park, you can see people having a picnic, taking pictures, and hiking. They have trails below the Observatory Deck. The Observatory showed me how beautiful Los Angeles is, if I lived here this would be my place to come and relax.
2. Queen Mary: is in Long Beach but it is worth the drive to see this ship. Long Beach is 26 miles. However, it can be longer with traffic. Queen Mary is a floating hotel with restaurants, shops, and tours. We tried to do a Haunted tour but it was sold out. The ship has a lot history and beautiful views of the beach. I even had an amazing seafood dinner that night. A great meal for my last night in south California.
So many things to do in lovely LA. I had so much fun experiencing the city with my friends. I got to eat at great restaurants, see beautiful sights, have amazing coffee, and cocktails, and most importantly spend time with my friends. I really want to come back and explore more of Los Angeles.