Summer is officially here! In Texas that is. I know that the official summer date is June 21st or 20th but Texas starts early. I created a blog last year, a bucket list for Texas blog. I have only done one thing on my list so far, which was visit Hamilton Pool. I want to do at least one other Texas bucket list this summer. Since, Texas is hot in the summer. The majority of my bucket list will consist of pools and indoor activities.
- Friends of the blue hole: It’s a community park owned by Wimberley Texas. The park has trails, a swimming area, picnic areas, and a amphitheater. A reservation needs to be made for swimming all other amenities are free the public, a reservation does not have to be made.
- Krause Spring: a natural-fed spring, located in Spicewood Texas and it’s a family owned property.
- Visit Deep Eddy Vodka distillery: Deep Eddy is a popular vodka in Austin. The distillery is located in Dripping Springs and has tasting room for cocktails. The distillery also has tours. They’re are going through renovations, so tours are suspended but I will visit the tasting room.
- Visit Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner Texas: This happens to be the oldest brewery in Texas, started in 1909.
- Port Aransas Beach: It’s a 3 hour drive from Austin, which is the closet beach to Austin. I have not enjoyed the beach in awhile, so this is a must
- Jacob’s Well: An artesian spring, year around the temperature is 68 degrees. It is also located in Wimberley Texas. It’s open year around but swimming is seasonally permitted. A reservation has to be made to visit Jacob’s well. I am actually going this weekend.
- Casa Neverlandia: a unique home in Austin TX. The artist describes his home as Peter Pan inspired. The tours are $15.00 dollars and the artist/homeowner posts different tours dates on facebook.
I hope I get to do all the things on my list. Summer is not my favorite season but this bucket list helps me get excited for summer.