Since travel has been put on hold, I wanted to share some of my favorite travel memories. Here are some of my favorite travel memories from over the years:
- Visiting a sheep farm-It was 5 euros to visit the sheep farm. We got to see the sheep being herding by the dogs, see beautiful Ireland scenery, and pet baby sheep. I also learned that sheep farmers are not making much money from selling wool. They actually make the majority of their money from tours. So visit a sheep farm in Ireland to help support them.
- Visiting Oxford and Stonehenge: In Oxford I took a tour of the city and the University. I learned that Oxford University has different colleges. Including one that doesn’t have students called All Souls College. It reminded me of Hogwarts and the different houses. The campus is absolutely stunning. It had beautiful green grass and old buildings. So much history!
- Stonehenge was unreal. I felt like I was looking at a picture. I couldn’t believe I was actually looking at Stonehenge! When you get to Stonehenge, they give you a radio to listen to the history and to help prepare for the bus ride there.
- Crossing our bucket list items in Paris- I was only in Paris for a short time. For a day and half. New Friends and I decided to cross off as many Paris items off our bucket list. We went to the top of the Eiffel tower, saw the love lock bridge, went to louver museum, ate crepes, and took a tour of The Notre dame cathedral. To end the night, we got hot chocolates, sat outside the cafe, and reminisce on our day. It was a lot fun and I got see a lot Paris in such a short time.
- Neuschwanstein castle- It’s 2.5 hours from Munich. There are two ways to get the castle. A regular path way, which the majority of tourists take. Then the hiking one. I don’t know why I decided to follow my new friends to the hiking one, when I’m not a hiker. It was an interesting experience. The castle was beautiful. I felt like it was really ahead of it’s time.
- Exploring Edinburgh- I loved the feeling that Edinburgh gave me. I loved the architecture (the castles and the land was so pretty). Walking around Victoria street in Edinburgh was magical.
- Traveling with friends-first time I traveled with friends. Before I met friends at my tour group. This time I went with friends already. It amazing to discover a new country together. We were able to try new food and meet locals together. I had have one friend that had been to Madrid, she helped us know what to order and how to navigate the public transportation.
- Batu caves- It’s a Hindu temple mixed with limestone caves. It’s about 30 minutes from Kuala Lumpur. The cave has has 272 steps to get to the top of the Batu caves. It was the first thing we did in Malaysia. It was so beautiful. We had just landed and got dressed and took a Grab (uber there) to the caves. After, we got coconuts and drank coconut water to hydrate. They also have monkeys at the caves. The monkeys were so cute but be careful because they take your food and drinks.
- Phuket Elephant Sanctuary- This place does so much for the elephants. They rescue them, so they can have a better life. These elephants were use to perform for money. Now they can walk freely and without abuse. The elephants look so happy there, I could see it in their eyes. Here you can feed the elephants and watch them walk freely in the land.